The School of Public Safety offers the nationally accredited rescue courses. The School offers a comprehensive mix of face to face teaching, online tutorial support, and simulated practical exercises. Where students are employed in a suitable position, the simulated practical exercise components are replaced with on-the-job training.
The courses are designed for professional rescue and response workers to receive formal accreditation in the skills that they show daily.
- Certificate II in Medical Service First Response
- Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue)
- Certificate III in Public Safety (SES Rescue)
- Certificate III in Public Safety (Aquatic Search and Rescue)
- Certificate III in Aviation (Rescue Crewman)
- Certificate IV in Public Safety (Aquatic Search and Rescue Management)
- Certificate IV in Aviation (Aircrewman)
Staff members of the School of Public Safety have many years of industry experience and have worked as Rescue Crewman, Paramedics and Mines Rescue Instructors.
As a commitment to the community, the Australian College of Mining and the School of Public Safety has developed the APOLA Lifeguard Training Academy to assist the Australian icons of the surf, the professional lifeguards in meeting their requirements under vocational training and education standards.